Then the rules are..
there are no rules. I'm suppose to tag 8 people to answer this survey - if you're reading this and have not already filled it out, consider yourself tagged or not.
1. Where did your LJ handle come from?
stonebender had an LJ account for quite a while. I thought it would be fun to get on and leave him a flirty note and see if he figured it out. I chose loracs because it's my first name backwards with an "s" at the end. It took him a little while, but eventually one morning he said "you don't have an LJ account do you?" Busted.
2. How do you style your hair?
wash, dry with an attempt at curling the ends under
3. What was the last text message you sent and to whom did you send it?
It's been quite a while, I have no idea, but it was probably to serenejournal .
4. What are you currently reading?
Milk, The Mayor of Castro Street by Randy Shilts
5. Do you need music to study/write/work?
If I'm doing really intense work, I like quiet, but with most thinks, I prefer some type of noise, usually the tv.
6. What is the last song on your play list?
Don't have a play list - don't have a player of any type and I don't use any of the on-line sites.
7. What is your biggest obsession?
the health of the people I love.
8. Do you have a crush at the moment?
9. What is your favorite movie genre?
Depends on my mood, but I love action flicks and good comedy's i.e. - laughs come from good writing and acting, not just from slap stick type stuff. No horror, thank you very much.
10. What was the last thing you ate today?
11. Name three people (living or dead, real or fictional) who helped shape who you are today.
my mom, stonebender , Ayn Rand
12. What websites do you visit daily?
hotmail, lj, twitter, maybe my bank site
13. What's your favorite food?
too many to name - but it's probably in the pasta field.
14. Which languages do you wish you spoke?
Spanish for work, Italian and Russian for fun (?)
15. What is your favorite drink?
Water and ice tea are probably close together in 1st place.
16. Do you have a birthmark?
17. Who was your childhood idol?
For childhood, I'd have to say my older sister. I'm the youngest of three and the next closest in age was 7 years older. That was enough time to really see her as cool Shortly after she dyed her hair for the first time, I did the same thing.
18. Where would you like your next holiday to be?
Somewhere with rain - maybe the Pacific Northwest US/Canada.
19. What do you do to fall asleep?
Turn the tv to NIK and watch old 1/2 hour comedies.
20. Tell me something you love about the person who tagged you.
serenejournal sets limits really well and also has the flexibility to move those limits (either direction) as needed. I could also say she is very smart, very funny, very cute, has a very big heart and she is a wonderful writer, but then most of you on my f-list already know that about her.
via firecat a list of things that people apparently think don't exist any more, and you're supposed to bold which ones you remember.
1 Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes
6 . Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines (first early flirting was on a party line - not sure who everyone was, but we knew we all went to the same school. Would talk and/or listen for hours late at night sitting in the cold kitchen on a small stool. This was the only phone in the house)
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records (first record I every bought was a 45 of Me & Bobby Mcgee by Janis Joplin)
15. S& H greenstamps (I helped my mom every week put all the stamps in the books)
17. Metal ice trays with lever (and they were always empty because no one liked to fill them up)
18. Mimeograph paper
19 Blue flashbulbs
21. Roller Skate Keys
22. Cork popguns
25. Wash tub wringers
26. Big, little books.
27. Using hand signals for cars without turn signals.
28. Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner.
29. Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.
30. Real ice boxes.
31. Head lights dimmer switches on the floor.
32. Heaters mounted on the inside of the fire wall.
33. Ignition switches on the dashboard.
What might have been very bad (sparks in dbubley's breaker box) seems to be okay for now. PG&E came out, the nice man moved something around and tighten some screws. We still contacted an electrician because we know there's some other issues. I am very happy to report no fire and power back on.
Finally, after more than two months, I have hooked up digital cable box in the front room.
I am now official done with this Happy Meme - and that makes me happy!
Pippin makes me happy (she also makes me mad & frustrated, but that is information for a future meme.) Right now she is playing with her toys. She is going back and forth between the squeaky toy (we had to turn the tv up to hear it over her noise making) and her ropes. She shakes them and throws them up over her back. When she gets tired of those, she gnaws on a big bone. Watching her stretch out on the bed inviting me to scratch her so soft belly. Watching her, watching me with those big question-filled eyes.
It rained on the drive in to work this morning. Even when I have to drive, I love the rain and it makes me happy.
Happy to spend the day spending money!
Really good and really, really spicy (lips on fire) Thai Basil dish from the food court in the mall - yes, in a mall. And I didn't even ask for it extra spicy. This makes me happy. Lips on fire makes me happy.
Fat Woman's swim, Making Waves. It has been around for over 25 years, first in Richmond and then Albany. Today the pool is closing for long term repairs - 2 or more years. I've made many friends there, including dbubley. We first flirted over matzo ball soup at lunch after a swim. I went almost every week for about 10 years. With the purchase of our house 8 years ago, I rarely get there now-a-days. Today I am going and that makes me happy.
2. Decorating a little bit more, it might not be up to my usual amount. The lights on the fire place makes me happy.
3. The weather is changing, it is supposed to rain for the next few days and I can smell it coming.
The rain makes me happy and unhappy tonight. Happy because I just love it, but unhappy because I didn't have a chance to waterproof the connections on the xmas lights and now they are all shorted out.
Most happy - that I took a vacation day today!
(technically it is after midnight, so I am into day 4, but who's counting - really Who is counting?)
After a nice steak dinner, I'm off to veg out/fall asleep in front of the tv. This is a happy thing too.
For eight days, post something that made you happy that day.
Day One: Came home after a long day and just had to pop a casserole in the oven for dinner. This was courtesy of serenejournal. Soon the chicken broccoli in a cream sauce with cheese on top will be ready. Thank you serene!